- Are you a performer, teacher, lecturer or director looking for some unusual one act plays with a message?
- Would you like to find out more about women's political writing for the theatre in the Edwardian period?
- Are you an performer looking for comic monologues or duologues?
- Interested in Women's History, Theatre History, the Edwardian Stage, Political Theatre, the Suffrage Movement and Women's Writing?
- Are you teaching or studying Votes for Women? These books are full of primary source material and are a great springboard for practical sessions!
After producing readings at the Novello and Prince of Wales Theatres in 2008 and 2009, followed by Knickerbocker Glories in 2010, it seemed that there was an untapped appetite for suffrage plays among contemporary audiences and performers. People were surprised by the humour, the suffragist as well as feminist politics and the range of good female roles. These two collections bring together exciting, rare and playable pieces from the years 1908-1914.