- Are you a performer or director looking for some unusual one act plays with a message?
- Would you like to find out more about women's political writing for the theatre in the Edwardian period?
- Are you an actress looking for comic monologues or duologues?
- Interested in Women's History, Theatre History, the Edwardian Stage, Political Theatre, the Suffrage Movement and Women's Writing?
- Are you teaching or studying Votes for Women? This book is full of primary source material and is a great springboard for practical sessions!
After producing readings at the Novello and Prince of Wales Theatres in 2008 and 2009, followed by Knickerbocker Glories in 2010, it seemed that there was an untapped appetite for suffrage plays among contemporary audiences and performers. People were surprised by the humour, the socialist as well as feminist politics and the range of good female roles.
Everyone kept asking me where they could get hold of the material - so I thought that a volume of 'playable'
suffrage plays would be a great idea. And here it is!